A 10-page report on the nationwide population-based survey on 5100 participants aged 50 and over. It took place in Bhutan between December 2017 to February 2018 by the Ministry of Health with support from the International Agency of Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) and Lions Club International Foundation (LCIF).
This report focuses on various factors like:
- Prevalence of blindness and visual impairment
- Causes of blindness and visual impairment
- Cataract surgical coverage
- Visual outcome of cataract surgery
- Barriers to attaining cataract surgical services